On June 14th the FDA announced several important changes to how sunscreens are labeled and marketed. The proposed changes allow manufacturers with SPF 15 or higher to claim their product can help prevent skin cancer and premature aging of the skin. They also propose limiting SPF to not more than 50. It appears they are allowing time for public feedback and for manufacturers to submit data. My guess is the big guys will again lobby the FDA to extend all of this for some period of time….
- The Sunscreen Smokescreen
- Natural Products Expo West
- Samantha Channels: August 2, 1975- January 15, 2012
- Malignant Melanoma Awareness Video
- ADD:broad-spectrum sunscreen important, anti-oxidants could be the future
- SolarAegis Sunscreen as a Hair Care Product??
- FDA Announces Changes to Better Inform Consumers About Sunscreen
- The Environmental Working Group – Never Quite What They Seem……
- Sun Safety Quiz- From the American Cancer Society
- Questions About Sunscreen???
Browse popular tagsAll-Natural Children's Sunscreen Baby Elephant All-Natural Sunscreen Basal Cell Carcinoma Broad Spectrum Children's Sunscreen Choosing a dermatologist Environmental Working Group EWG free radicals Malignant Melanoma Mineral-Based Sunscreens Mohs Surgery natural sunscreen New Products Skin Cancer Skin Cancer Awareness Month Skin Cancer Foundation Skin Protection SolarAegis SPF Sunburn Suncreen Sun Health Sun protection Sunscreen Sunscreen Application UVA/UVB UV filters Vitamin A Vitamin D